Monday, April 25, 2011

It's a boy! And a girl....and another girl.... and....

I sold some hatching eggs to a woman in Louisiana about a month ago. The other day I recently received this nice little picture from her so I guess I am a ducky grandma.


Some of these ducklings are from my shipped eggs and some are from her eggs. That's quite a lot of cuteness!

Hatching shipped eggs can be tricky, but it can also be worth the risk to get a breed of duckling you really want. Plus if a batch of hatching eggs gets lost in the mail, no biggie. If a shipment of live ducklings gets lost in the mail.....YIKES!

I will be taking a chance on some shipping eggs once I finally get my incubator issues figured out. By buying hatching eggs, I can get a drake from a different bloodline and ensure genetic diversity in my little flock. With patience and luck, I should end up with my own box of cuteness!

Congratulations on the ducklings Kerath!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much!
    Stay tuned over at my blog (http://www.teamhightail.com/) for some more up to date pics of the babies (as soon as I can get my butt in gear and post them!).

    Don't know if I sent them to you or not, but here are closeups of the three:
    http://www.teamhightail.com/2011/04/112-baby-duckies.html

    BTW, they WH babies have gotten HUGE. They are fully twice the size of some of my smaller Buff/Runners and so much more substantial when you hold them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look adorable, even in their scruffy teenager stage :D

    ReplyDelete